POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Chain Question : Chain Question Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Chain Question
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 27 Jan 2003 19:38:13
Message: <3E35D19B.C4D63069@Rapidnet.com>
I'm working on several small detail objects for a set of larger
scenes.  One of these is a rather tenchnological looking key, meant to
hang from a chain.  My problem is that creating the chain by hand would
be far beyond my patience and the only macro I've found for creating
chains is for hanging a chain, rope or other such object, between two
arbitrary points.  Such as might be found supporting a rope bridge or
other structure.
    Would anybody know where I could find a macro that creates a chain,
such as one might find on a pendant or necklace, that behaves like a
physical chain would in relation to other objects in the scene.  Or at
least how I might go about conceptualizing such a macro, if it is at all
possible?
    Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Anthony D. Baye